This is a “drop in” replacement for the standard hotend. The standard hotend is fine, but isn’t capable to print reliable with more exotic filaments.
For extended instructions and more info see this post: https://www.craftbot.nl/2016/01/13/hotend-upgrade-instructions-and-conditions/
What’s in the box:
- a fully assembled aluminium hotend with three silicone covers.
- an ABS printed fanduct
- nut and washer for assembly. A spare washer to adjust the distance to aluminium or glass bed.
- a spare 0.4mm Nozzle with 0.4mm Drill to unclog the Nozzle if necessarily
- spare PTFE liners to adjust to your needs.
- a cutting mold with stanley-blade to cut the PTFE tube to your needs.
- an “oil thingy”made by MathewL, when having troubles printing PLA. Sponge is inside, no (olive) oil yet.
- spare Thermal Grease for reassembly or mounting the Heater
- a metal 0.3mm Calibration card
- hex keys.
- the 7mm spanner on the picture isn’t included anymore
NB: the extruder motor, gear etc AKA “cold-end” is not included.
The hotend will be sent in a padded envelop, which should fit your mailbox.
Warranty / returns: if you don’t like this hotend upgrade or it’s not working as expected, you can return it withing 3 months and get a full refund. You have to pay yourself for the return shipping costs (which should be a couple of dollars/ euro’s).
The advantages of this hotend upgrade are:
- print reliable with flexible, wood or metal filled filaments
- print at max 300 degrees extruder temperature (in stead of 260 grC with PEEK)
- less clogging: print more reliable because of a more consistent filament guide and cooling performance
- all metal hotend. (the filament lining is with PTFE though)
- drop-in replacement. This hotend is mounted like the original PEEK hotend.
With an ABS 3D printed fan-duct the hotend is properly cooled.
Step-by-step instructions for ordering in the webshop: