This is a Hotend Upgrade based on the E3D Vulcano. It’s resulting in a higher max flow (so the capability to melt filament by the extruder). By that you can print large prints vaster by increasing the layer height and not being limited by the maximum flow of the extruder.
Available on request.
The pictures below are showing the normal E3D hotend upgrade. Pictures will be changed soon. The silicone sleeves are not yet available for the E3D Vulcano hotend.
This Vulcano is aimed at the CraftBot XL, but can be mounted on the normal CraftBots too. For that an add on for the Z limit switch will be provided.
This is a “drop in” replacement for the standard hotend. The standard hotend is fine, but isn’t capable to print reliable with more exotic filaments.
For extended instructions and more info see this post: https://www.craftbot.nl/2016/01/13/hotend-upgrade-instructions-and-conditions/
What’s in the box:
- a fully assembled aluminium hotendbased on the Vulcano heaterblock from E3D.
- an ABS printed fanduct
- nut and washer for assembly. A spare washer to adjust the distance to aluminium or glass bed.
- a spare 0.4mm Nozzle with 0.4mm Drill to unclog the Nozzle if necessarily
- spare PTFE liners to adjust to your needs.
- a cutting mold with stanley-blade to cut the PTFE tube to your needs.
- an “oil thingy”made by MathewL, when having troubles printing PLA. Sponge is inside, no (olive) oil yet.
- spare Thermal Grease for reassembly or mounting the Heater
- a metal 0.3mm Calibration card
- a 7mm spanner and hex key.
- Kapton the insulate the heaterblock.
NB: the extruder motor, gear etc AKA “cold-end” is not included.
The hotend will be sent in a padded envelop, which should fit your mailbox.
Warranty / returns: if you don’t like this hotend upgrade or it’s not working as expected, you can return it withing 3 months and get a full refund. You have to pay yourself for the return shipping costs (which should be a couple of dollars/ euro’s).
The advantages of this hotend upgrade are:
- print reliable with flexible, wood or metal filled filaments
- print at max 300 degrees extruder temperature (in stead of 260 grC with PEEK)
- less clogging: print more reliable because of a more consistent filament guide and cooling performance
- all metal hotend. (the filament lining is with PTFE though)
- drop-in replacement. This hotend is mounted like the original PEEK hotend.
With an ABS 3D printed fan-duct the hotend is properly cooled.
Step-by-step instructions for ordering in the webshop: